Saturday, January 19, 2013

And My Day Begins

Another hour passes. A day. A month. How long has it been? I honestly lost count.
For a moment you have it all and when you least expect it, it all falls apart.
Where did I go wrong? Or was it your fault?
I lay my head on my cold pillow. I hear my mother's laugh outside, my sisters' nagging.
I want to be there with them. I want to be a part of their chaos, the good kind, but the chaos in my mind is far too strong to let me move.
The memories are stuck in my mind like kaleidoscopic photos. Faded, twisted and incomplete.
Nothing is clear, and I don't seem to understand much.
I feel my mind sinking in a black pool, but I don't want to be there.
Sleep takes over, and I wake to another day.
I put myself together again, like missing pieces of a puzzle.
I connect my emotions to my thoughts. My sadness to my smile. My sanity to my insanity.
And my day begins.



Peace,
Hamda 

No comments:

Post a Comment